Over 1600 Elysian 27 were built in Ely Cambridgeshire by Appleyard Lincoln & Co from 1963 up until the early 1970s. In this time the mouldings were available to other yards to be fitted out or for home completion. In the mid 1970s this popular motor cruiser was then resurrected by J.G. Meakes of Marlow who used the moulding to produce the Madeira 27. Bounty Boats took over the moulds in 1975 and built a further 200 boats known as either the New Elysian 27 or Bounty 27. In 1981 they produced an entirely new deck and superstucture moulding. There were 2 versions of the Elysian 27, either centre cockpit and aft cabin or aft cockpit, and either open plan layout or 2 separate cabins.
The accommodation in the aft cockpit version comprises of 4 berths, the most common layout is in 2 cabins with 2 single berths in the bow with a vanity unit with wash hand basin. The main saloon has a dinette which converts to a double berth. There is a spacious galley area and separate toilet compartment. The hull shape is a shallow V and long keel making the boat suitable for inland and sheltered coastal cruising. The Elysian 27 was fitted with a variety of engines and were available as single or twin, petrol or diesel engines, either shaft driven or on outdrives. The most popular installations were the BMC Vedette petrol engine and the Perkins diesel.
- Length: 26’10”
- Beam: 9’7”
- Draught: 2’2”